Patients must be kept at the center of decision-making and communication in value-based care environments. To do this well you must deeply understand what patients need at various points in their healthcare journey and their preferences for receiving and interacting with information, and you must be certain that you have the right data to reach your target population with their preferred contact method. It is also critical that you understand when direct patient outreach is the best path to achieve an outcome and when practice-mediated communication is more likely to drive success or satisfaction.
At Aledade we run programs that require both practice and patient engagement optimization. Through the use of email campaigns, direct mail, training, and field staff communications we communicate with our practices - and sometimes with patients directly - about preventive services, chronic disease management, and sensitive topics such as end-of-life planning. In some cases it’s best to cast a wide net with generic/batch communications (e.g., messaging about the importance of an annual wellness visit); In other instances, we need to help a patient understand the importance of a specific clinical intervention during a time period that’s unique to their circumstances and we need to be targeted in our messaging (e.g., a colonoscopy that’s due five years from the last time they had one). You will be responsible for building a broad set of capabilities that span all of the patient outreach use cases and for optimizing them to deliver specific outcomes.
About you (Required):
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years of experience in Product Management
- You have experience building cloud-based products in an Agile environment
- You’re comfortable overseeing the day-to-day execution of one or more scrum teams who are building a cloud-based Population Health management tool
- You’ll roll up your sleeves to manage backlogs, coordinate Agile ceremonies, interview customers, and handle day-to-day mechanics of shipping product
- You can independently drive the discovery process in partnership with experience design researchers, technical architects, subject-matter experts, and clinical stakeholders
- Talking to customers and conducting field research comes naturally to you; you’re comfortable observing and asking questions and you’re genuinely curious about customer pain points, workflows, and motivations
- You’re confident; once you’ve gathered input and familiarized yourself with a problem space, you’ll make well-informed decisions about strategy, priorities, and roadmap investments and you’ll lead and motivate teams to deliver on the vision you’ve created
- You have a proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing business relationships and communicating effectively with senior management
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as requested (~20%)
- You may work from our main office in Bethesda, Maryland, or remotely within the US.
- This role will initially be for an individual contributor with the potential for management responsibilities as the team grows.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Learning: You’ll use a variety of methods to learn from our practices, including formal research activities, but it’s most important that you’re comfortable observing and interacting with providers, clinical and administrative staff, and patients. You should expect at least 20% travel to practices for research and observation, and more if you’re up for it.
- Execution: You’ll lead a set of scrum teams, driving all typical Agile ceremonies (daily standup, grooming, retrospectives), with an expectation to deliver incremental product improvements on a biweekly release cadence. You’ll be expected to measure your results, make decisions based on data, and make adjustments to your plans based on quantitative and qualitative signals.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: You’ll be accountable for a critical set of company key results, so you’ll be working with a cross-functional team to develop execution and release plans and communicate status updates to a group of executive stakeholders. Since you’re responsible for a generic capability that will have broad applications, you should expect to do a fair amount of dependency management with scrum teams and internal departments.
- Development of a Patient Engagement Program:
- You’ll develop a vision and roadmap for patient engagement which starts with understanding all the ways teams at Aledade currently interact with practices and patients, and where they have unmet needs
- You’ll acquire patient data and integrate with third-party outreach tools or you’ll work directly with a set of scrum teams to build those data sources and capabilities in-house
- You’ll enhance workflows for patient outreach in Aledade’s cloud-based, the field-assisted software platform
- You’ll measure and test the success of various outreach channels and make data-informed recommendations about which channels to use for which use cases
- You’ll partner closely with Product Marketers to optimize message content and study the effects of various campaigns
- You’ll partner with engineering teams to assess vendor data quality and integration capabilities